Paella with Jamon, Chorizo & Wild Mushroom Share this recipe
- Ready in: 1-1.5 hours
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- 250g Paella Rice
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 pack Jamon Serrano (chopped)
- 1 Cooking Chorizo (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 boneless chicken thighs (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 20g Dried Cep Mushrooms (soaked for 15 mins then drained)
- 800ml-1ltr stock or water
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
In a Paella Pan saute the onion and pepper in olive oil until soft, this can take 20-30 minutes. Stir in the garlic.
Add the chopped chicken, Jamon Serrano and Chorizo and fry until the fat comes out of the Chorizo.
Add diced tomatoes and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
Stir in the Paella Rice, season with salt and pepper and pour in stock until Rice is just covered. Let simmer for 20 minutes, keep checking the rice to see when it has cooked. Add more stock as you need it.
Once cooked, cover with tin foil and rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.