Piquillos Stuffed with Morcilla Share this recipe
- Ready in: 45-60 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 4 medium potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 Morcilla Asturiana (chopped)
- 1 hard boiled egg (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of piquillos
- 50g of butter
- 50g of flour
- 100ml of milk
- 100g of Idiazabal cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- Pimenton de la Vera for garnish
Fry the morcilla in oil. Break it up, add the potato and egg, and mix it up.
Carefully stuff the piquillos and put them in an oven dish.
Make a béchamel by melting the butter, cooking the flour and slowly adding the milk, stirring to form the sauce.
Add the grated cheese and stir to form a cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the stuffed piquillos and bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with a shake of pimenton/Spanish Paprika.