Jerked Chicken with Gungo Peas & Rice Share this recipe
- Ready in: 40 mins plus marinating time
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 8 chicken thighs (slashed twice)
- 2 tsp of Walkerswood jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp of natural yogurt
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 400g long grain rice (soaked and rinsed)
- 200ml chicken stock (stock cubes fine)
- 1 can of Dunns River gungo peas (drained)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- some Dunns River Hot Sauce
- pinch of thyme
- salt and pepper
Mix chicken, jerk seasoning and yogurt in a bowl. Marinade overnight or for a few hours at least.
Fry onions in a little oil with rice. Add stock, coconut milk, peas and seasonings. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer, put lid on and steam for 15 minutes.
BBQ - burn the coals until there are no flames, place chicken above the coals, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Turn and do the other side.
Oven cook - bake at 200°C for 40 minutes,
turning over at 20 minutes.